If there is a single word more alluring than Italy, then it must be its own heart and soul… Tuscany. Always much more than a destination, Tuscany, Italy is a way of life, each present moment infused with centuries of the world’s favorite art, culture, food and wine. In the rolling hills not far from the infamous cities of Florence, Siena and San Gimignano is one of the largest private landholdings in all of Italy. Welcome to Castello di Casole.
Why Castello di Casole
Vineyards and orchards of olive trees pattern the hillsides and two grand cypress-lined lanes ascend to the historic castle now open as this 41-suite boutique hotel. Dotting the 4,200-acre historic estate are restored Farmhouse Villas each with dramatic glass-tiled private pools. This treasured property of Castello di Casole hopes to invite guests for their most romantic Tuscan holiday to date. As Travel & Leisure have rated it the #1 resort in Europe three years in a row, the staff at Castello di Casole feel confident they can deliver.
Highlighting your stay includes:
- Two restaurants of Michelin Star rating standards
- Fitness club
- Guided biking tours
- Manicure and Pedicure services
- Yoga and Pilates classes
- Breakfast buffet
Like a countryside home, amplified to match the extravagant ambiance of Tuscany, the property has 41 private suites in a range of sizes and styles to accommodate the unique needs and tastes of all who visit. Each suite effortlessly combines Old World Tuscan charm with modern boutique luxury, elegance and sophistication, including fabrics, fixtures and furnishings from the most acclaimed designers in Italy and throughout Europe. Accommodations are divided up between suites, a penthouse, hotel villas and farmhouse rentals. The breakdown of amenities is as follows:
- Suites: While there are seven different varieties of suites, each receives stunning views of the countryside, access to the spa, pools, fitness center and dining options.
- Penthouse: This luxury accommodation is spread out over two stories and has access to a spacious private terrace. There are three bedroom suites with private baths, a fully stocked pantry, ensuite spa and dining services and exquisite décor.
- Hotel Villa: These villas give guests the opportunity to experience what life in a traditional Tuscan home would be like. Included is a spacious kitchen, outdoor dining area, large baths and authentic architecture and furniture.
- Farmhouse: For guests looking to take the authentic approach to the next level, the resort also has farmhouses for rent. Like true countryside homes they are located amongst the vineyards and hills and made from materials found around the land. Each one also features a kitchen, outdoor dining, spacious baths and an infinity edged pool.
Make it Extra Special
Tuscany is a dream destination that draws visitors from around the world. If you want to properly experience this cultural destination, take a break from resort life to try out some of these bucket list activities around Italy.
- Take a cooking course and learn how to create home-made pasta
- Go on a wine tasting tour around the vineyards
- Take a gondola ride through Venice
- Pose in a photo with the Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Explore the Colosseum in Rome
- Wander the museums of Florence
- Visit the Vatican
Italy is a destination that both avid travelers and those who don’t travel often dream of visiting. You will be sure to cross at least one item off your bucket list on your next visit to this beautiful country.