Located amongst the Sacred Valley of the Incas, Belmond Hotel sits at the foot of the Andes. Not only is its setting gorgeous but guests at this hotel will find themselves in the heart of Peruvian culture. Situated near the former center of the Inca Empire, the Belmond neighbors Inca ruins, quaint local towns and the banks of the Urubamba River. Built with natural materials to resemble the traditional Andean design, this hotel fits right in to this authentic Peruvian landscape.
Why Belmond Hotel Rio Sagrado?
With the intention of bringing its guests in touch with the local culture and natural landscape, the Belmond Hotel was created amongst a historic setting and designed with tradition and luxury in mind. When you aren’t taking an excursion to nearby Manchu Picchu or trekking through the Andes, relax in the heated swimming pool or get a herbal body scrub in the spa. Guests at the Belmond Hotel can look forward to :
- Landscaped gardens
- Two restaurants serving local and international cuisines
- A bar serving craft cocktails and an extensive wine list
- Both indoor and outdoor swimming pools
- Spa offering massages, facials and body scrubs
- Yoga classes
- Jacuzzi and steam room
Designed after a traditional Andes village, these accommodations have been crafted to resemble the surrounding nature. With traditional décor and architecture, no corner of these rooms have been left unattended by exquisite interior design. Guests can choose from the:
- Deluxe Terrace Rooms: These rooms come equipped with one king sized bed or two queen sized beds and a Swiss-style bathroom. Guests can spend time on the spacious terrace, enjoy Peruvian cotton sheets and warm themselves on the heated, wooden bathroom floors.
- Garden Junior Suites: Guests in these rooms will enjoy a large, private terrace with gardens, bathroom with natural sunlight and heated wood floors and a spacious sitting area.
- Villas: Exuding sophistication, these villas are adorned in traditional Incan crafts and overlook the river and flower gardens. The windowed roofs allow in organic light and the guests can choose from three bedrooms and bathrooms. Also included in the villas are a fireplace, full kitchen, living room and dining room.
Make it Extra Special
Various destinations in Peru are constantly emerging on “must-see” travel lists. Just one visit to this infamous country and guests are bound to tick a few activities and places off of their bucket lists. While Hotel Belmond may be difficult to leave, try to pull yourself away from its lavish quarters and get out to explore. Try including some of these activities on your itinerary.
- Take a custom Peruvian adventure to Machu Picchu, the Hidden Valley of the Incas, vast deserts and through the Andes.
- Hike to Machu Picchu
- Take a tour of the cities, Lima and Cusco
- Take a scenic train ride along Urubamba River
- Take a 4X4 dive through the Andes and Altiplano region
- Visit the island community of Uros
- Take a boat trip on Lake Titicaca
Scenic and colorful Peru is a destination that many dream of visiting at least once in their lifetime. Make your dreams come true with an added touch of style and luxury when you complete your journey with a stay at the Belmond Hotel Rio Sagrado.