This slow guided highly experiential tour of Peru is all about seeing the South American country up close and personal. We have teamed up with our partner, USA based travel guide, Michael Jensen who has been leading Peruvian Adventures for years. This is an inclusive world-class program custom designed for the discerning traveler searching for a personal experience in Peru. This itinerary, that includes UNESCO world heritage sites and world wonders is a non-rushed, educational and cultural experience for like-minded travelers. Our goal is to accommodate 12-18 guests to achieve the all-important intimate group tour setting. We are committed to delivering a world-class Peruvian Experience and creating life long memories for our guests. Please join us.
Here are the highlights of what you can look forward to on this exclusive experience. NOVEMBER 9-19, 2016
- 11 day 10 night Peruvian Adventure designed for only a select group of guests
- Exclusive access to a privileged way of Peruvian life few get to experience
- All transfers upon arrival, during, and at the conclusion. All luggage handling, and porterage on all program days
- 2 nights at the deluxe Casa Andina Hotel in Lima – Mira Flores
- 6 nights in Sacred Valley and Cusco – 1 night in Urubamba Casa Andina, 2 nights at InkaTerra Machu Picchu, 3 nights in Cusco Aranwa Hotel,
- 2 nights Libertador Lago in Puno
- 1 day room at Casa Andina Hotel in Lima on day 11 prior to return flights home to US & Canada (flights depart late evening)
- All inter-Peruvian flights, Lima-Cusco, Cusco-Puno, Puno-Lima. Round trip train to Aguas Calientes at Machu Picchu
- Inter-Peruvian departure taxes (to & from Cusco/Juliaca/Puno Lima)
- All sightseeing, entrance fees, and visits as outlined in the itinerary with seasoned expert local Peruvian guide(s). Lima, Cusco, M.P. and Puno (3)
- Veteran Travel Director, Mike Jensen, to accompany and oversee all aspects of the program from arrival to departure.
- Language assistance, food/restaurant, and shopping suggestions
- Breakfast daily in each hotel
- 9 lunches / 5 dinners-including farewell dinner in Puno, Wine tasting
- Bottled water on bus rides
- Gratuities to hotel luggage handlers and coach drivers.
- Free time in towns and villages for shopping, relaxing, etc.
- All updates and tour information mailers/emails prior to the program.
- Final trip packet with group bag tags, traveler information, final itinerary, packing advice, home-leave behinds, and passenger list
- Personal Service to each and every guest throughout the tour
- Exclusive Transfers & VIP Concierge Service
Day 1 November 9th 2016- Travel day to Lima, Peru
Depart from home city and arrive Lima, Peru late evening. You will be met at the airport by Mike & local Peruvian staff and transferred immediately to the Casa Andina Hotel in downtown Mira Flores district of Lima.
Day 2 Lima, Peru – The Experience begins
After breakfast in the hotel, Begin the day with a tour of historic Colonial Lima, including an exclusive visit to the 16th century Casa Aliaga. This 66-room mansion was constructed by Don Jeronimo de Aliaga, a member of Pizarro’s conquering forces. Seventeen generations later, this home is still occupied by the Aliaga family. Lunch is included at the incredible Larco Herrera Museum. After lunch visit the museum which provides a clear and captivating narrative account of more than 5000 years of pre-Columbian Peruvian history. An idyllic beginning to your Experience through Peru. This evening is free to enjoy dinner on your own in the Mira Flores district in Lima. B,L
Day 3 Lima/Cusco/Sacred Valley –
After breakfast in the hotel, fly to Cusco this morning (one hour flight) and enjoy the beautiful drive into the Sacred Valley of the Incas. We switch from Spanish Conquistadors to Incan and Quechua history. Arrive in the village of Pisac, drive directly to a traditional Incan restaurant and enjoy a traditional Peruvian lunch. This afternoon continue touring through this Incan Village known for its colorful outdoor handicraft and food market. Check-in to the hotel; Join the group for wine tasting prior to our included dinner at the hotel. B,L,D
Day 4 Sacred Valley/Ollantaytambo/Machu Picchu –
Begin the day in the UNESCO recognized village of Ollantaytambo. Enjoy a walking tour through the incredible Incan Fortress set into the base of the Andes Mountains. By now you’re ready for an included lunch in a Rural Peruvian restaurant. After lunch visit a traditional Incan home passed down from generation to generation. Later this afternoon, board the train for the amazing ride along the roaring Urubamba River through the Valley of the Incas ending in Aguas Calientes, the small village at the base of Machu Picchu. Check-in to Inkaterra Machu Picchu hotel.
Dinner is included this evening at the hotel. B,L, D
Day 5 Machu Picchu –
Following breakfast, we make our way up to the infamous Citadel of Machu Picchu. Our guide takes us on a complete educational and comprehensive tour through the ruins with ample time to view all corners of the once powerful Empire of the Americas. After an included lunch break, take the opportunity to explore the ruins on your own and hike to the Sun Gate or perhaps to the recently restored Inca Bridge. Both of these hikes will be guided as well. Perhaps you may like to sit and meditate by simply looking over the citadel in your own corner of the grounds and ponder one of history’s great mysteries. Your evening is free to explore the tiny village of Aguas Calientes if desired. B,L,D
Day 6 Machu Picchu/Cusco –
After a leisurely breakfast this morning, our return train departs back up the Valley to Ollantaytambo followed by the stunning drive to the Incan capital of Cusco. In route to Cusco, stop in the historic village of Chinchero with its well preserved Incan wall in the main square. Enjoy lunch at a private residence and meet the owner of a small textile business. Check-in to 5-star Aranwa Hotel in Cusco, dinner is included at the hotel this evening or you’re welcome to venture out on your own. B,L,D
Day 7 Cusco – Full Day in the Ancient Incan Empire City
Today, tour through the massive ruins of Sacsayhuaman Archaeological Park overlooking Cusco, Qoricancha-Temple of the Sun, Cusco’s main Cathedral and, of course, famous Cusco City. Enjoy a group lunch at a local restaurant on the main square known as the “Plaza De Armas”. Your afternoon and evening are free to explore Cusco and shop for local textiles or gold. B,L
Day 8 Cusco City
This is your day to do as your wish, catch up and sleep in, relax, shop until your heart’s content. Enjoy a free day in the great city of Cusco.
Day 9 Cusco/Juliaca/Puno –
Following breakfast this morning, transfer to Cusco airport for the short flight to Juliaca and then on to Puno, which sits at an altitude of 12,500 feet on Lake Titicaca – the world’s highest navigable lake. In route to Puno we visit the spectacular pre-Incan burial ruins of Sillustani including spectacular vistas of Umayo Lake. Check in to the beautiful Libertador Lago Hotel on the banks on Lake Titicaca. Dinner this evening on your own. B
Day 10 Puno/Uros Island/Taquile Island, Lake Titicaca –
Following breakfast, depart for Uros Island, the legendary “floating Islands” just off shore from Puno. See how these industrious people have survived for generations on these islands using only the minimalist of materials and the Lake to survive. After departing Uros, travel to Taquile Island where the Incan “Quechua” tradition still lives under community collectivism. The Taquilenos people are known for their fine handwoven textiles and clothing which are regarded as among the highest quality handicrafts in Peru. An incredible cultural experience awaits. Lunch is included today in a traditional Taquile island restaurant. Return to Puno late afternoon. Tonight enjoy a group farewell dinner in Puno. B, L, D
Day 11 Saturday November 19
Puno/Juliaca/Lima-Flights back home
After breakfast at the hotel, depart Puno early this morning for our return to Lima.
Check-in to the hotel with a day room to relax and prepare for your return flight home. Lunch & Dinner is on your own or perhaps with your fellow travelers this final afternoon/early evening in Lima. Group transfer this evening to the Lima airport for flights returning to US & Canada. B
Price per person based upon double occupancy: USD $4659 –Tour price is based upon 10 or more travelers
Please inquire for single supplement
Deposit to secure your place $750